It’s a fact that one website will pull many times the leads or sales as a competing website. What causes this large variance in results? It’s the copywriting on the website.
Here’s what we’ve learned works best from actual results and testing on dozens of websites we’ve done the copywriting for.
1. Make your website easy to “scan” with headlines, sub headlines, boxes, sections, colors and the like that give the reader the main benefits he will get. Almost all people are “scan first” or “scan only” readers. Your headlines and sub headlines should take advantage of this fact.
2. “Just Sell, Baby”. Websites have one main end purpose and that is to sell your products and/or services, to move people to action, to make money. In today’s high-tech world, most copywriting on websites forgets this vital fact and that is why they don’t perform better.
3. Tell the reader what he/she will LOSE if they do not take the recommended action. Fear of loss is a great motivator.
4. Build up excitement, enthusiasm, passion and urgency to get the reader to take the desired action right now. We analyzed the most successful copywriting we’d ever done back to 1978 and found it all had one thing in common: excitement. Yes, excitement is contagious and it sells!
5. Make a great offer to get their email address. In today’s overcrowded environment and with spam concerns, it’s not enough to just say “enter your email address for our newsletter”. You need to make a great offer including special reports, bonuses and the like in addition to your newsletter to get the maximum number of qualified signups.
6. Focus your copywriting because people want to buy from the expert specialists in a field. If your copy is too broad you will lose a lot of your best prospects, who of course, are the most likely to buy. A great way to do this is to have separated focused web pages for separate types of people or industries on your website.
7. Make your website as easy to use and find things as Amazon.com (for consumers) or Dell.com (for businesses). The copywriting and organization of these sites is a key reason they are ultra-successful.
8. Start thinking like your website reader (your prospect) and stop thinking like yourself (the marketer). Figure out what your prospect wants most from your products or services that they deliver, then come right out and tell him what benefits he’ll get, why, and what he needs to do now. Simple but it brings in Billions.
9. Test everything, measure it, use the winner, and always keep testing. This is the key to “optimizing” your website and all of your marketing. Don’t guess – test and let the only vote that matters (your prospects) tell you what works best.
10. Compare your product or service against your competitors to show and prove your superiority. We’ve used this secret very, very profitably for our clients.
11. Copywriting is king and queen for your website to sell the maximum number of people. The right copywriting can bring you up to double, even triple or more your current results for no additional marketing cost. Hire the best copywriter you can afford, and don’t skimp because this one-time investment can be the best investment you make.
Learn More and GET people to buy your stuff ==> http://richmom.thecopywritingmaster.com